GUEST SPEAKERS: Our ambassadors who work in agriculture volunteer their time to share their passion for agriculture. Click on a topic to submit a request for an ambassador visit:
- Agriculture’s Abundance
- Today’s Agriculture, Careers Across the Spectrum
- Farm Fueled, Biofuels
- Farmers Stewards of the Land
- Farming and the Water Cycle
- Feeding Planet Earth
- Wide World of Weeds: Solutions through TimeNational Education StandardsNational Education Standards
National Education Standards: Link to standards each presentation addresses.
CLASSROOM MATERIALS: These classroom materials can be used either alone or in conjunction with an ambassador visit.
- WebQuest: Think Like a Farmer
- Power Point Presentations Download
- Lesson Units for Grades 3-6
- Coloring Pages for Grades K-3
VIDEOS: Visit our YouTube Channel for videos that depict real agriculture in process. The videos are categorized according to the presentation topic they compliment best. Check out our 2011 first place video, “A Day in Agriculture with the Days,” submitted by Cheryl Day of Cerro Gordo, Illinois. Her video depicts what it is like for her family to grow and harvest corn and soybeans while also raising Angus Cattle.
FEEDBACK: So that we have a program that meets your needs, we appreciate your feedback.
- Teacher Feedback