Agriculture is a great theme to teach the interaction of science, social science and technology. These lessons teach students about modern agriculture, an important American industry from which children are becoming further and further removed. In conjunction with these lesson plans, show the downloadable PowerPoint slides available under the “Presentations” tab of this website. Great topics to be used around Earth Day or Thanksgiving.
View and Print PDF Versions below:
Unit 1 – Science of Ag (11 page PDF)
Unit 2 – Social Science of Ag (15 page PDF)
- Grades 3-4 Then And Now
- Grades 4-5 Ag And Economics
- Grades 4-5 Slice Of Soil
- Grades 5-6 Food For All
Unit 3 – Technology of Ag (18 page PDF)
- Grades 3-4 What’s In A Field
- Grades 4-5 Ag Technology
- Grades 4-5 Crop Protection
- Grades 5-6 Abilities Of Ag
Unit 4 – Benefits of Mod Ag (14 page PDF)
- Grades 3-4 Farmers Land Partnership
- Grades 3-6 Agriculture Creations
- Grades 5-6 Benefits Of Biotechnology
- Grades 5-6 Integrated Pest Management
Unit 5 – Biofuels (16 page PDF)
- Grades 4-5 Growing Our Fuel.
- Grades 4-5 Place Time
- Grades 5-6 Positive Energy.
- Grades 5-6 What’s Driving Biofuels