Some farmers choose to store their crops on their farms in silos, bins, and barns. Other farmers choose to send their crops to elevators for drying and storage. Glenn E. Stewart owns this page.
Go to the website below, read the information, and answer the study questions in your journal. Be sure to click on all the pictures to get a close up view of the grain elevators.
Go to Grain Elevator
Study Questions for storing
- What is the purpose of a grain elevator?
- Why would farmers choose to keep their crops on their farms?
- What would two advantages be to keeping the crops on the farm? What would be two disadvantages?
- Why would farmers choose to send their crops to an elevator for storage?
- What would two advantages be to sending their crops to the elevator? What would be two disadvantages?